From LucidDB Wiki
What is the correct procedure to use for generating the FEM C++ classes after changing the Fennel subpackage of the FEM model?
- (CatalogUml has important information on changing the model.)
- From Farrago, first run ant createCatalog to update the Java generated classes.
- Then run ant generateFemCpp to update the C++ generated classes. This will check them out from Perforce automatically first.
- Run p4 revert -a to revert the ones that didn't get modified by regeneration.
- From Fennel, run make. (make check usually isn't required here since we don't actually have any C++ unit tests for model-dependent code.)
- From Farrago, run ant test to make sure the model change works.
- p4 submit. If possible, don't start changing any functional code until after successful submit. (Sometimes this is not possible due to breakage from the model change, in which case do the minimum to patch it up.)