Firewater is an open source scaleout RDBMS based on column store technology. It allows a cluster of commodity servers or virtualized cloud nodes to be used for fast response times on SQL and OLAP queries over massive datasets.
Firewater is being developed as an Eigenbase extension project, reusing much of the technology from LucidDB.
- Firewater home page
- Firewater Sourceforge project page
- firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list subscription
- About the name
- note that the name is a compound word, with only the F (not the W) capitalized
- the original project name was Moonshine, but that was taken by another project starting around the same time
- Related project: Justin Swanhart is doing something similar over MySQL with Shard-Query
- FirewaterFirstReleaseMilestones: dev/release plan
- FirewaterDistributedArchitecture: distributed architecture planned for first release
- FirewaterLongRangeArchitecture: lofty ideas for subsequent releases
- FirewaterBuild: build instructions
- FirewaterSsb: instructions for setting up the Star Schema Benchmark to run against Firewater