This is the main page of Eigenpedia, which is the wiki for The Eigenbase Project.
The Eigenbase Project provides an extensible open source platform for building specialized data management systems in a wide variety of application spaces.
Areas in which Eigenbase technology has already been successfully applied include data warehousing (the LucidDB DBMS) and stream processing (the SQLstream continuous query engine).
Traditionally, data management systems have been developed as either
- one-size-fits-all behemoths: pounding a square peg into holes of various shapes and trying to patch up the results with integration, or
- purpose-built precision instruments: solving a particular problem very well in a specific context, but suffering from isolation, inflexibility, and inability to keep up with changing technologies and standards
In contrast, the Eigenbase platform is accompanied by a reliable methodology for rapid assembly of innovative, specialized solutions that can coherently operate and evolve together via open source collaboration.
- LucidDB is a column store database server. Software and support are commercially available, but software is 100% opensource.
- SQLStream is a database server supporting streaming queries. Support and server are commercial offerings.
Getting Started as an Eigenbase Project Developer
- Shows a list of all Java Packages and their position and purpose in Eigenbase projects.
- List of external software projects incorporated into Eigenbase projects and the license associated with them.
- Shows the status of version changes in critical pieces of Eigenbase software infrastructure.
Eigenbase Sub-Project Documentation
- End user, database administrator and developer oriented documentation for LucidDB reside here.
- LucidDB is a 100% opensource column-store database server. It was designed from the ground up with data warehousing requirements in mind.
- The system was built upon: Farrago and Fennel. Extended functionality provided by Applib and other connectors.
- Farrago is an extensible open-source platform for constructing enterprise-class RDBMS services. SQL has become the "intergalactic dataspeak" of the computer world, and Farrago provides a fast track to creating systems with advanced SQL capabilities.
- Fennel is a library of C++ components for data storage and processing. It serves as the "bottom half" of the companion Farrago project, but is also independently usable as a standalone library in applications requiring high-performance data management.
- A collection of common utility functions included in LucidDB and other Eigenbase sub-projects.
- ResGen (the Eigenbase Resource Generator) helps you build and maintain internationalized applications in Java. From a simple XML file, it generates classes to access those resources in a type-safe manner. It is tightly integrated with ANT, to make the development process painless; and it supports a variety of schemes to determine the current locale.
- A pluggable test harness that allows for dynamic composition of test suites based on test meta-data, parameterization of test cases, and multi-process management.
- A library that implements the JMI and MDR APIs for a MOF metamodel and provides for the storage of model object instances in an RDBMS via automatically generated Hibernate O/R mapping. Used by Farrago and LucidDB.
- JGraphT is a free Java graph library that provides mathematical graph-theory objects and algorithms.
- Developer oriented documentation about Mondrian, the premier OLAP engine.
- SQL client bundled with LucidDB
- Firewater is an open source scaleout RDBMS based on column store technology. It allows a cluster of commodity servers or virtualized cloud nodes to be used for fast response times on SQL and OLAP queries over massive datasets.
- Design Meetings
- Mailing Lists
- Wiki Hosting
- Perforce Hosting
- Web Hosting
- Jira Hosting
Info About This Wiki
- Info on the software used to run this wiki.
- Etiquette for participating in this wiki.